26.1848, Fund Drive 2015: Introducing Our NEW Region and Country Challenges!

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Apr 7 21:25:30 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1848. Tue Apr 07 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1848, Fund Drive 2015: Introducing Our NEW Region and Country Challenges!

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 17:21:07
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

 Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers, Supporters, and Friends,

This has been a big week for Fund Drive 2015 and we have plenty to share with you in this update!  We are on our way to hitting the $30,000 mark soon! Will you help us reach that number today by donating?

As a reminder, we have several donation benefits you can enjoy no matter how much you donate. Along with supporting LINGUIST, you can use your donation to help your university, business, subfield, country, or region in our challenges!

In our Subfield Challenge, the top five rank as follows:

1. Computational Linguistics ($6,345)
2. Syntax ($3,606)
3. Sociolinguistics ($2,683)
4. Phonology ($2,110)
5. Historical Linguistics ($1,645)

If you’ve been following our updates, you’ll see that computational linguistics made an incredible jump to first place today after an amazing donation! We thank them very, very much.

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/subfield/ for a full list!

In our University Challenge, the top five rank as follows:

1. Indiana University Bloomington ($2,150)
2. University of Washington ($1,280)
3. Stanford University ($1,065)
4. North-West University, Potchefstroom and Vaal Triangle Campuses, South Africa ($820)
5. University of South Carolina ($740)

Indiana University Bloomington has ranked first throughout the Fund Drive, but will another university take over this week?

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/university/ for a full list!

In our Business Challenge, we are finally seeing some action!
1. Google, Inc ($4,000)
2. Microsoft Natural Language Group ($200)

Today we received an unbelievably generous donation under Google Inc. What business is willing to match this incredible donations? We challenge you!

Finally, we would like to introduce our two newest challenges: our Region Challenge and Country Challenge!

In our Region Challenge, the top five rank as follows:

1. North America ($19,523)
2. Europe ($5,369)
3. Africa ($931)
4. Asia ($720)
5. Australia ($365)

In our Country Challenge, the top five rank as follows:

1. United States of America ($18,608)
2. Germany ($1,512)
3. United Kingdom ($1,340)
4. South Africa ($820)