26.1919, Fund Drive 2015: University of Washington Leads with 25 Individual Donors!

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Apr 10 02:39:08 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1919. Thu Apr 09 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1919, Fund Drive 2015: University of Washington Leads with 25 Individual Donors!

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 22:36:59
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

 Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers, Supporters, and Friends,

We are almost at the weekend and we are almost at the end of Week 5 of Fund Drive 2015! We are on our way to hitting the $30,000 mark soon! Will you help us reach that number today by donating?

As a reminder, we have several donation benefits you can enjoy no matter how much you donate. Along with supporting LINGUIST, you can use your donation to help your university, business, subfield, country, or region in our
challenges!

In our Subfield Challenge, the top ten rank as follows:

1. Computational Linguistics ($6,530)
2. Syntax ($3,746)
3. Sociolinguistics ($2,853)
4. Phonology ($2,324)
5. Historical Linguistics ($1,645)
6. Semantics ($1,450)
7. Pragmatics ($1,284)
8. Morphology ($1,267)
9. Discourse Analysis ($1,175)
10. Language Acquisition ($1,130)

Syntax and phonology were the previous frontrunners in the first few weeks of Fund Drive, but computational linguistics has clearly made a huge leap! Will the other subfields fight back for the lead?

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/subfield/ for a full list!

In our University Challenge, the top ten rank as follows:

1. Indiana University Bloomington ($2,150)
2. University of Washington ($1,540)
3. Stanford University ($1,065)
4. North-West University, Potchefstroom and Vaal Triangle Campuses, South Africa ($820)
5. University of South Carolina ($740)
6. University of California, Santa Barbara ($675)
7. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ($535)
8. University of Kansas ($455)
9. Wellesley College ($400)
10. Arizona State University ($350)

Indiana University Bloomington has ranked first throughout the Fund Drive, but will another university take over this week?

Today we received donations from Universitat Pompeu Fabra, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne, CNRS & Université Paris 8, France, University of Massachusetts, Institute of
Slavic Studies, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Institute of Linguistic Studies, Russian Academy of Sciences, University of Freiburg, Germany, University of Tartu, Qatar University, Rice University, Rochester Institute of Technology, Universität Innsbruck, Boston University and University of Washington!

The University of Washington has 25 individual donors! That is incredible! What university is willing to match that number?

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/university/ for a full list!

Check out the results of our Business Challenge:

1. Google, Inc ($4,000)
2. Microsoft Natural Language Group ($200)

Finally, we would like to share the results of our two newest challenges: our Region Challenge and Country Challenge!

In our Region Challenge, we have the following ranking:

1. North America (214 donors)
2. Europe (98 donors)
3. Asia (14 donors)
4. Australia (6 donors)
5. Africa (3 donors) and Middle East (3 donors)
7. West Indies (1 donor)

In our Country Challenge, the top five rank as follows:

1. United States of America (201 donors)
2. Germany (31 donors)
3. United Kingdom (19 donors)
4. Canada (11 donors)
5. Spain (10 donors)

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/region/ and http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/country/ for full lists!

To make a donation and help your subfield, university, business, region, or country win, please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate/.

Thank you all for your support, and please spread the word about Fund Drive 2015! We can’t continue without you!

Sincerely,
The LINGUIST List Team