26.2026, Calls: An Appeal from LINGUIST Advisor Chilin Shih

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Apr 16 14:13:12 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-2026. Thu Apr 16 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.2026, Calls: An Appeal from LINGUIST Advisor Chilin Shih

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 10:12:59
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

Dear Subscribers,

We are proud at the LINGUIST List to provide a service that is essential to
the linguistics community. Essential to our ongoing success is not only your
support, but the support of our Advisory Board
(http://linguistlist.org/people/advisors.cfm).

For us to continue providing all these services without charging our readers,
we count on the generosity of the community. Dr. Chilin Shih, one of our
advisors, has kindly written a letter reminding you of the role LINGUIST List
has surely played in your career.

We thank her and everyone who has supported us this year.

Dear All,

Can you imagine doing linguistic research without LINGUIST List?  How about
applying for jobs and reaching out to job candidates without LINGUIST List?
We take LINGUIST List for granted.  Now it's time to show your appreciation.
Please donate to the LINGUIST List fund drive!

Your donation will support student interns who implement features and build
resources that serve the linguistic communities. I'll just mention one here:
Look at the Text & Computer Tools Area:

http://linguistlist.org/tools/

You can find text corpora, software and other supports that can help
addressing questions in many subfields, and to make your data collection task
easier, better managed and more accurate.

Helping LINGUIST List is helping yourself.

Donate to LINGUIST List now!

Chilin Shih