26.2168, Fund Drive 2015: Join the Challenge!

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Apr 24 01:39:38 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-2168. Thu Apr 23 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.2168, Fund Drive 2015: Join the Challenge!

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 21:34:00
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Fund Drive 2015: Join the Challenge!

 Dear Fellow Linguists,

We are on our way to hitting the $35,000 mark soon, but these past few days have been pretty slow for Fund Drive 2015. Will you help us reach that number today by donating? We NEED to reach our $79,000 goal, and we all hope to do that soon! As of 9:30 pm (EST), we are only at $35,054.44. If you’d like LINGUIST List to continue operating free of charge to our subscribers, the Choice is YOURS!

As a reminder, we have several donation benefits you can enjoy no matter how much you donate. Along with supporting LINGUIST, you can use your donation to help your university, business, subfield, country, or region in our
challenges!

In our Subfield Challenge, computational linguistics continues to dominate with donations totaling over $7,500 dollars. Syntax, the strong leader for most of the fund drive, has fall over $3,000 behind! We challenge you syntacticians to take the lead back! We would also like to congratulate phonetics for hitting the $1,000 mark today! We now have TWELVE subfields that have hit the mark! Applied linguistics, you're next!

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/subfield/ for a full list!

In our University Challenge, Indiana University Bloomington and the University of Washington are in a tight battle! IUB holds the lead, at the moment, but that could change with a single donation! UW could steal that spot back any second! Or, will it be YOUR university?! We currently have representation from nearly 300 different universities around the world! We are grateful to have hit that number, but we know we have thousands and thousands of subscribers from all over the world—it’s your turn to step up!

Today we received donations from University of Michigan-Dearborn, Universität Frankfurt am Main, and Laval University!

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/university/ for a full list!

Check out the results of our Business Challenge:

1. Google, Inc ($4,000)
2. Microsoft Natural Language Group ($200)
3. IBM Watson ($150)
4. IBM Context Computing ($150)

We look forward to this list growing and hopefully some stiff competition! Thank you IBM Context Computing for the new donation today!

In our Region Challenge, North America leads with 248 individual donors, 233
of those from the USA. As mentioned, we know LINGUIST List is used all over
the world, and ask for help from those all over the world! Help your region
and country get to the top!

To make a donation and help your subfield, university, business, region, or country win, please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate/.

Thank you all for your support!

Sincerely,