26.2195, Fund Drive 2015: See Who's in the Lead!

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Apr 26 00:58:24 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-2195. Sat Apr 25 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.2195, Fund Drive 2015: See Who's in the Lead!

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 20:48:39
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Fund Drive 2015: See Who's in the Lead!

 Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers and Supporters,

As of Sunday evening at 9:00 (EST), Fund Drive has made $35,790.44  While we are so grateful for all of the support we have received thus far, we are far from our goal. We are only about halfway there. If we don’t meet our goal, major changes will have to be made to the LINGUIST List that you know and love.

If you haven’t already heard, we now also have an option for you to become a recurring donor. Please visit http://linguistlist.org/issues/26/26-2068.html for more information! If you’d like LINGUIST List to continue operating free
of charge to our subscribers, the Choice is YOURS!

As a reminder, we have several donation benefits you can enjoy no matter how much you donate. Along with supporting LINGUIST, you can use your donation to help your university, business, subfield, country, or region in our
challenges!

In our Subfield Challenge, computational linguistics continues to dominate with donations totaling $7,590. Syntax and sociolinguistics hold the second and third spot, respectively. Phonology and semantics hold fourth and fifth place.

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/subfield/ for a full list!

In our University Challenge, Indiana University Bloomington is our overall leader in terms of dollars donated ($2,730), but the University of Washington has the most individual donors overall at 39! These have been our two most active universities all Fund Drive, and we thank them!

Today we have received donations from Georgetown University, University of Georgia, Instituto de Formación Docente, Newcastle University, University of Calgary, Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Universität Zürich, University of North Texas Denton, University of Washington, and Kansas State University!

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/university/ for a full list!

Check out the results of our Business Challenge:

1. Google, Inc ($4,000)
2. Microsoft Natural Language Group ($300)
3. IBM Watson ($150) and IBM Context Computing ($150)

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/region/ and http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/country/ for full lists for our Region and Country Challenges!

To make a donation and help your subfield, university, business, region, or country win, please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate/.

Thank you all for your support! We need all we can get!

Sincerely,
The LINGUIST List Team

For more help on making a donation via the IU Foundation, please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/iufoundationhelp/.

For more help on donating via PayPal, please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/paypalhelp/.