26.2199, Ling & Literature: Call for Poems!

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Apr 27 15:16:15 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-2199. Mon Apr 27 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.2199, Ling & Literature: Call for Poems!

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 11:14:40
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Ling & Literature: Call for Poems!

Dear Subscribers, Epicureans, Curators of Language, and Rhyme Creators,

As you know, LINGUIST List is large; it contains multitudes of resources for
the linguistics community. A new visitor looking on our works will no longer
despair the lack of central hubs of linguistics information on the internet.
What’s more is that because we do not charge our readership for these
services, there’s nothing owed in return.

We issue today a call for odes, sonnets, haiku, and any form of poetry
relevant to the field of linguistics! Email your poems to
funddrive at linguistlist.org. If you work in a constraint-based framework, send
us an Oulipian oeuvre. If you’re a metrical phonologist, send us a
double-dactyl or a limerick. If you’re familiar with the poetics of another
language, send us a piece perhaps with a translation and some explanatory
text.

Throughout our poetry drive, we will share the collected works of our crew. To
kick things off, we give you a limerick from our Editor Ashley:

We helped you write your review
To share your linguistic view
To go one more year
Please have no more fear
Just donate to LINGUIST’s crew!

And a clerihew from our Editor Andrew:

LINGUIST List
Must insist
That our readers afford us
Their poems & donations; please support us

We look forward to reading your submissions!

As ever, please consider supporting the LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive:

Thank you!

The LINGUIST List Team