26.2218, Calls: Applied Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Apr 27 20:46:45 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-2218. Mon Apr 27 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.2218, Calls: Applied Linguistics/USA

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Erin Arnold <earnold at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 16:46:13
From: Cynthia Berger [cmurphy20 at gsu.edu]
Subject: 34th Annual Second Language Research Forum

Full Title: 34th Annual Second Language Research Forum
Short Title: SLRF 2015

Date: 29-Oct-2015 - 31-Oct-2015
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Contact Person: Cynthia Murphy Berger
Meeting Email: SLRF2015 at gmail.com
Web Site: http://alsl.gsu.edu/second-language-research-forum-2015/

Call Deadline: 11-May-2015

Meeting Description:

The Department of Applied Linguistics & ESL at Georgia State University is pleased to host the 34th annual Second Language Research Forum (SLRF) in Atlanta, Georgia, on October 29-31, 2015. We invite proposals for papers, posters, and thematic colloquia (consisting of 3-4 papers each) for SLRF 2015. While we are especially interested in proposals which align with our conference theme, “Application, Context, and Language Use,” we welcome proposals from researchers from a variety of disciplines who represent all areas of second language research.

We are pleased to announce the following plenary speakers and invited colloquia:

Plenary Speakers:

Dr. Nick Ellis, University of Michigan
Dr. Kim McDonough, Concordia University
Dr. Magali Paquot, Université catholique de Louvain
Dr. Naoko Taguchi, Carnegie Mellon University

Invited Colloquia:

Title:  Empirical Advances in the Study of L2 Humor
Organizer:  Nancy Bell, Washington State University
Presenters:  Maria Shardakova, Indiana University; Rachel Shively, Illinois State University; Jiyun Kim, The Catholic University of Korea

Title:  Anticipation and Expectation in L2 Processing and Learning
Organizer:  Theres Grüter, University of Hawai‘i
Presenters:  Paola Giuli Dussias, Pennsylvania State University' Edith Kaan, University of Florida; Clara Martin, Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and Language

Title: Current SCT Research in SLA (TBD)
Organizer:  Matthew Poehner, The Pennsylvania State University
Presenters:  TBD

Final Call for Papers:

Deadline Extensions:

The deadline for paper and poster submissions for SLRF 2015 has been extended to Monday, May 11, 2015 (11:59pm Eastern Standard Time). Please visit http://alsl.gsu.edu/second-language-research-forum-2015/ for details.

The direct link to submissions can be found here: https://www.softconf.com/e/slrf2015/

Student Awards:

We are also pleased to announce the availability of three SLRF 2015 Student Travel Awards. Abstracts with a current graduate student as first author will be considered for one of three $500 travel awards (to be awarded during the conference). Abstracts already submitted will already fall under consideration. Please email slrf2015 at gmail.com if you have any questions.