26.2226, Fund Drive 2015: Donate Before It's Too Late!

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Apr 28 01:44:21 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-2226. Mon Apr 27 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.2226, Fund Drive 2015: Donate Before It's Too Late!

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 21:36:23
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Fund Drive 2015: Donate Before It's Too Late!

 Dear Fellow Linguists,

As of 9:30 pm (EST), we are only at $35,984.40   If you’d like LINGUIST List to continue operating free of charge to our subscribers, the choice is yours—YOU decide the future of LINGUIST LIST! Fund Drive cannot last forever, and if we don't meet our goal soon, changes will have to be made.

As a reminder, we have several donation benefits you can enjoy no matter how much you donate.

In our Subfield Challenge, computational linguistics continues to dominate with donations totaling over $6,800 dollars. Take a look how the top five subfields rank:

1. Computational Linguistics ($7,590)
2. Syntax ($4,411)
3. Sociolinguistics ($3,743)
4. Phonology ($2,954)
5. Semantics ($2,275)

Check out the ranking of our top five universities:

1. Indiana University Bloomington ($2,730 - 24 donors)
2. University of Washington ($2,450 - 39 donors)
3. Stanford University ($1,365 - 10 donors)
4. North-West University, Potchefstroom and Vaal Triangle Campuses ($820 - 6 donors)
5. University of California, Santa Barbara ($740) and University of South Carolina ($740)

Today we received donations from National Chengchi University, Stony Brook University, and The University of Texas at Austin!

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/university/ for a full list!

Check out the results of our Business Challenge:

1. Google, Inc ($4,000)
2. Microsoft Natural Language Group ($200)
3. IBM Watson ($150) and IBM Context Computing ($!50)

Let's keep this list growing!

In our Region Challenge, North America leads with 285 individual donors, 268 of those from the USA. As mentioned, we know LINGUIST List is used all over the world, and ask for help from those all over the world! Help your region and country get to the top!

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/region/ and http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/country/ for full lists!

To make a donation and help your subfield, university, business, region, or country win, please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate/. When you donate to LINGUIST List, ALL linguists win!

Thank you all for your continued support!

Sincerely,
The LINGUIST List Team