26.2232, Our Roots: Visiting Westerly, Rhode Island, USA with LL Editor Ashley Parker

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Apr 28 14:30:42 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-2232. Tue Apr 28 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.2232, Our Roots: Visiting Westerly, Rhode Island, USA with LL Editor Ashley Parker

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 10:29:17
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

 Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers and World Travelers,

Please join us as we take you on a journey to meet the LINGUIST List Team. As you may have seen, the theme for Fund Drive 2015 is Branching Out. As we are all settling into our new lives in Indiana, our theme has to do with laying
new roots and setting an environment for LINGUIST List to thrive in future. We’d like to share our own “roots” with you.

The first stop on our tour is Westerly, Rhode Island, USA, where you can learn about my hometown and where I grew up.

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/pages/AshleyParker/

I hope that you’ll enjoy the tour of my hometown, and I hope that you’ll see that I have great pride in the Northeastern region of the country and try to dedicate much of my linguistic studies to New England dialects, specifically those from my beloved Rhode Island! LINGUIST List is invaluable not only to me, but to everyone who is studying or simply interested in linguistics from all over the world. Please donate to LINGUIST List to keep us going strong. Your donations are vital and so very much appreciated.

Check back tomorrow for a tour of our programmer Lwin Moe’s hometown of Mudon, Mon State, Burma!

Sincerely,
Ashley Parker
Student Editor
The LINGUIST List