26.2240, Calls: Computational Ling, Ling Theories, Semantics, Syntax, Text/Corpus Ling/Poland
The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST
linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Apr 28 21:35:50 UTC 2015
LINGUIST List: Vol-26-2240. Tue Apr 28 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.
Subject: 26.2240, Calls: Computational Ling, Ling Theories, Semantics, Syntax, Text/Corpus Ling/Poland
Moderators: linguist at linguistlist.org (Damir Cavar, Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry, Sara Couture)
************* LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive *************
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 17:35:24
From: Markus Dickinson [md7 at indiana.edu]
Subject: 14th International Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories
Full Title: 14th International Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories
Short Title: TLT14
Date: 11-Dec-2015 - 12-Dec-2015
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Contact Person: Markus Dickinson
Meeting Email: tlt14-chairs at chopin.ipipan.waw.pl
Web Site: http://tlt14.ipipan.waw.pl/
Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; Linguistic Theories; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Call Deadline: 20-Sep-2015
TLT serves as a venue for new and ongoing research on the topic of linguistics and treebanks. The 14th edition of TLT will take place at the Institute of Computer Science, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, on 11–12 December 2015.
For almost 15 years now, TLT has served as a venue for new and ongoing high-quality work related to syntactically-annotated corpora, i.e., treebanks; with a focus on all the aspects of treebanking – descriptive, theoretical, formal and computational – but also going beyond treebanks, including other levels of annotation such as frame semantics, coreference or events, to name only a few.
Call for Papers:
14th International Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories (TLT)
Submissions are invited for papers, posters and demonstrations which present research on treebanks and their intersection with linguistics, natural language processing and other related fields.
TLT14 website: http://tlt14.ipipan.waw.pl/
- Dag Haug (University of Oslo, Norway)
- Bonnie Webber (University of Edinburgh, Scotland)
Treebanks have proved to be crucial resources for very important NLP applications, such as machine translation and information extraction, as well as supporting resources for various NLP tasks, such as high-quality parsing and POS tagging.
The workshop invites the submission of papers, posters and software demonstrations on original and unpublished research on the following topics, including, but not limited to:
- Design principles and annotation schemes for treebanks
- The use of treebanks in acquiring linguistic knowledge
- The use of treebanks for NLP applications
- The role of linguistic theories in treebank development
- Treebanks as a knowledge source for linguistic research
- Treebank annotation beyond syntax: semantics, pragmatics and discourse
- Evaluation and quality control of treebanks
- Tools for creation and management of treebanks
- Treebanks for lesser-resourced languages
- Theories, schemas and applications for parallel treebanks
- Standards for treebanks
- (Semi-)automatic methods for creating large treebanks
- Mapping of treebanks to Linked Open Data resources
- Domain-specific treebanks
- The future of treebanks and treebanking
- Multi-word expressions in treebanks
Instructions for Authors:
The programme for TLT14 will consist of full papers, posters and software demonstrations. Submissions must be anonymized, written in English, and conform to the TLT14 style files available at http://tlt14.ipipan.waw.pl/submissions/.
Abstracts for full papers should not exceed 5 pages in length, excluding references. Abstracts for posters and software demonstrations should not exceed 3 pages in length, excluding references.
Please upload your submissions via EasyChair: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=tlt14.
- 1 July 2015: Submissions and registration open
- 20 September 2015: Deadline for submissions
- 1 November 2015: Notification of acceptance
- 22 November 2015: Final papers due
- 11–12 December 2015: Workshop
For more information or questions, please contact: tlt14-local at chopin.ipipan.waw.pl.
LINGUIST List: Vol-26-2240
More information about the LINGUIST