26.3473, Confs: English, Applied Linguistics, Ling & Literature, Translation/Ukraine

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Aug 3 16:43:59 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-3473. Mon Aug 03 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.3473, Confs: English, Applied Linguistics, Ling & Literature, Translation/Ukraine

Editor for this issue: Erin Arnold <earnold at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 12:43:08
From: Larysa Ruban [knuconference2016 at gmail.com]
Subject: Language Research and Teaching in the Global Economic Environment

Language Research and Teaching in the Global Economic Environment
Short Title: LARTGEN'2016

Date: 07-May-2016 - 08-May-2016
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Contact: Larysa Ruban
Contact Email: knuconference2016 at gmail.com

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Translation

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Meeting Description:

Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv is pleased to announce a Call for Partners for its 2016 International Conference ‘Language Research and Teaching in the Global Economic Environment’. After the immense success of our first International Conference that was held on April 15, 2014 in Kyiv, Ukraine and gathered scholars and educators from Ukraine, Poland, Sweden, and the United States, we are looking forward to engaging a larger number of institutional partners and invite universities to co-convene this international event. In 2016, we look forward to us gathering together under the auspices of the most renowned university of Ukraine and welcome a community of practitioners and scholars from all over the world to learn from each other and advance the field of foreign language research and teaching. With this setting serving as our inspiration, we will explore the current and future trends in teaching foreign languages for specific purposes; discuss innovative approaches t
 o building linguistic competences and academic skills; bring cutting edge technologies into teaching and learning foreign languages for specific purposes, as well as various topics of interdisciplinary research.

Issues addressed at the Conference shall include, but are not limited to:

- Teaching English and other Foreign Languages for Specific Purposes (with main focus on Economics, Finance, Law).
- Theoretical and Applied Issues of Linguistic research and Translation.
- Innovations in Research and Teaching Foreign Languages.
- Interdisciplinary Research in Linguistics (including ethno-linguistics, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, language and culture studies, and philosophy of language).

All universities and institutions interested in co-convening the 2016 International Conference “Language Research and Teaching in the Global Economic Environment” are kindly asked to contact Dr. Larysa Ryban at knuconference2016 at gmail.com.

Please note that the deadline for expressions of interest is September, 30 2015. Call for Papers shall be published in October 2015.