26.3484, Jobs: Japanese; Computational Linguistics: Consultant, Nuance Communications

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Aug 3 17:26:40 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-3484. Mon Aug 03 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.3484, Jobs: Japanese; Computational Linguistics: Consultant, Nuance Communications

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 13:26:34
From:  Anastasia Melnik [anastasia.melnik at nuance.com]

University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com/index.htm
Job Title: NLU Japanese Language Consultant - contract
Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): Japanese (jpn)

We are currently looking for a candidate to fill a NLU Japanese Language Expert contractor position in a NLU (Natural Language Understanding) project.

Tasks description:

- Thorough study of the project specifications resulting in excellent understanding of topics covered in the project
- Text data cleaning and annotation
- Creation of the NLU models
- Optimisation of the NLU models, error analysis and correction

This role is to be worked remotely

Qualities and abilities we expect from our candidates:

- Linguist-level knowledge of mother tongue Japanese
- Precise and thorough approach to work
- Attention to detail and patience (required for work with high amounts of text data)
- Willingness to learn (we will provide training and support)
- Proficiency in English
- Knowledge of XML and Python is an advantage, one should be able to use the tools that we will provide

Start date: October /November 2015 (to be confirmed)

Timeframe and effort: Full time (40h per week) for the first 6 months and part time (about 20h per week) in the following 6 months.  180 working days in total.

Application Deadline: 30-Sep-2015 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: anastasia.melnik at nuance.com
Contact Information
	Anastasia Melnik
	Email: anastasia.melnik at nuance.com