26.3556, Qs: The Vocative. A Cross-linguistic Questionnaire

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Aug 7 18:31:07 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-3556. Fri Aug 07 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.3556, Qs: The Vocative. A Cross-linguistic Questionnaire

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 14:27:18
From: Georgi Georgiev [stilijanog at uni-sofia.bg]

Dear Sir/Madam,

I kindly invite you to participate in a questionnaire survey meant to tackle the scarcity of cross-linguistic resources on the vocative. My main aim is to collect and summarize the material gathered, making it possible for broader studies to be carried out in the area.

The questionnaire (to which I include links below) targets the exponents of the vocative across the world’s languages. Quite naturally, it makes provision for there not being a vocative marker in certain languages, and for a multitude of markers in others.

All other relevant information is included in the questionnaire itself. The questionnaire comes in two versions:

1. Online form (please, copy the link to your searchbar): http://goo.gl/forms/3HACDBg6R4
2. Editable .DOC and .PDF files (to be downloaded and sent to my e-mail, which can be seen below): https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9s632DNuKcEfjlNRFF6YmZIMWYyOHZYU2ZxbWlLZkg5enlxSUUxQTNaYXNIbWtxVnduMzQ&usp=sharing

Comments are kindly welcome.
Thank you in advance.

Georgi Georgiev, University of Sofia, stilijanog at uni-sofia.bg
http://uni-sofia.academia.edu/GGeorgiev