26.3580, Qs: Rumelian Turkish

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Aug 10 18:04:46 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-3580. Mon Aug 10 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.3580, Qs: Rumelian Turkish

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 14:04:35
From: Srecko Lorger [srecko.lorger at st.t-com.hr]
Subject: Rumelian Turkish

Dear Linguist List,

I am conducting research on Turkish loanwords in the Balkan region, and for this purpose I would need a few good resources dealing with Turkish spoken in the Balkans, namely, etymological and general dictionaries of Rumelian or Bosnian Turkish. Currently, I am trying to find possible Turkish etymologies for some etymologically difficult words as spoken in Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia. I would appreciate much if anyone could point out good online or printed dictionary resources or etymological studies on Rumelian Turkish in just about any language - English, Turkish, French, etc. are all welcomed.

Kind regards,
MV

Linguistic Field(s): Historical Linguistics

Subject Language(s): Turkish (tur)

          http://multitree.org/