26.3670, Jobs: Spanish; Applied Linguistics: Curriculum Designer, IXL Learning

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Aug 18 15:14:12 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-3670. Tue Aug 18 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.3670, Jobs: Spanish; Applied Linguistics: Curriculum Designer, IXL Learning

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 11:14:02
From: Bridget Antle [careers at ixl.com]
Subject: Spanish; Applied Linguistics: Curriculum Designer, IXL Learning, California, USA

University or Organization: IXL Learning
Department: Content Development
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: https://www.ixl.com/company/
Job Title: Spanish Curriculum Designer
Job Rank: Curriculum Designer; Other

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

IXL’s upcoming component for learning Spanish as a foreign language will instill a love for languages in students of all ages! Students will practice their Spanish reading, writing, and listening skills like never before.

IXL is seeking motivated curriculum designers to join our foreign language content design team.  As a curriculum designer at IXL, you will design engaging and interactive Spanish language questions and be involved in all aspects of the development cycle, including conceptualization, design, testing, and support. Your educational insight, creative solutions, strong writing skills, and perfectionist mindset will drive the success of our Spanish product.

This is a full-time position in our San Mateo, CA office.

Responsibilities

- Use your highly trained brain to be a subject-matter expert for our Spanish curriculum
- Design fun, engaging, and interactive Spanish questions targeted to specific learning objectives
- Advise software engineers, visual designers, product designers, and company leaders on appropriate content and assessment strategies
- Develop and manage project plans to create and deliver high quality Spanish content
- Review materials and product prototypes and make design recommendations
- Articulate learning objectives, design curricular questions to meet objectives, and create a fun learning experience for IXL users
- Research and analyze content requirements, including domestic and international educational standards
- Stay current on related scholarly and business trends

Qualifications

- Master’s or PhD in Spanish, Linguistics, or a closely related field
- Fluency in both English and Spanish is required
- Spanish language teaching or tutoring experience is required
- Experience learning Spanish as a foreign language in a traditional classroom setting is preferred
- Outstanding communication skills; must be articulate with a strong writing ability
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Passion for improving education through technology
- Ability to think strategically and creatively solve problems
- Highly self-motivated with a strong attention to detail
- Broad range of personal and professional interests
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design is a plus
- Knowledge of French or additional foreign languages is a plus
- Demonstrated technical abilities. Knowledge of computer programming and Web technologies is a plus

About IXL

IXL Learning is an educational technology company like no other. We develop dramatically innovative, first-of-their-kind products used by millions of learners, from children to adults. Our IXL product (located at https://www.ixl.com/) is the world's most popular subscription-based learning site for K-12. Our products include Quia Web, the original 'create-your-own' website for teachers, and Quia Books, the leading online platform for world-languages courses.

Application Deadline: 15-Jan-2016 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?aj=oz4p0fwM&s=linguistlist
Contact Information:
	Bridget Antle
	Email: careers at ixl.com