26.3733, Jobs: French; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Linguist, Appen

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Aug 24 15:29:56 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-3733. Mon Aug 24 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.3733, Jobs: French; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Linguist, Appen

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 11:29:47
From: Jasna Rustempasic [jrustempasic at appen.com]

University or Organization: Appen
Department: Linguistics
Web Address: http://www.appen.com/
Job Title: Linguist - French (Canada)
Job Rank: Consultant; Linguist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics

Required Language(s): French (fra)

Linguist - French (Canada)

Work Location: Global

Company

Appen is a language technology solutions and consulting firm, recognized as a global leader in the quality, range and caliber of its expertise. We are focused on helping our clients reach international markets by leveraging our expertise in over 150 languages and dialects. Our clients are among the world’s top internet search engine and voice recognition providers. For more information come see us at http://www.appen.com/.

Department: Linguistics

Project

The client is an award-winning software company who builds voice applications for the Auto, Home and Mobile markets. The French Canadian linguist’s role involves controlling the data quality of the deliverables from different external data providers.

Project Information:

Location: Remote.
Start date: September
Hours: min. 20 hours weekly
Length: 3-4 months

Tasks

- Speech transcriptions and annotations quality control,
- Text and speech data processing and validation,
- Normalization, semantic and entity tagging for NER and other NLU tasks,
- Data analysis,
- Localization work, and
- Other language-related tasks.

Requirements

- Native speaker of French Canadian. Proficient knowledge of English both oral and written.
- Preferably having done school in the French Canadian region until High School level or above.
- BA in Linguistics required.
- Very good grammar and writing skills.
- Analytical thinking and attention to details.
- Accountability, ability to meet deadlines and to work in a team.
- Fast learning skills of new processes and tools.
- Ability to work on demand, remotely.
- Ability to respond promptly to work requests and to clarify requirements when needed.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and web interfaces.

Preferred Experience:

- Some experience with Linguist and Natural Language Processing-related tasks preferred.

Application Deadline: 29-Oct-2015 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: https://goo.gl/D3Xppy
Contact Information:
	Jasna Rustempasic
	Email: jrustempasic at appen.com