26.5435, Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics: NLP Software Engineer, Artificial Solutions

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Dec 7 18:16:06 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-5435. Mon Dec 07 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.5435, Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics: NLP Software Engineer, Artificial Solutions

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2015 13:15:39
From: Francesca Sciarra [francesca.sciarra at artificial-solutions.com]
Subject: English; Computational Linguistics: NLP Software Engineer, Artificial Solutions, Stockholm, Sweden

University or Organization: Artificial Solutions
Department: NLP Software Products & Technology
Job Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Web Address: http://www.artificial-solutions.com/
Job Title: NLP Software Engineer (Algorithms lover)
Job Rank: Programmer; Scientist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Artificial Solutions is looking for a performance-minded Java software engineer for our Stockholm office with a passion for algorithms and languages.

You will be part of a team developing new tools at the forefront of modern language technology to create our next generation natural language processing (NLP) platform.

You will work inside the Products & Technology department together with an international team of developers and research engineers, following an agile project development methodology and using English as the daily working language.

The position offers a lot of freedom, responsibility and the opportunity to grow both as a person and within our company in order to realize your full potential.

The position will focus upon:

- Participating in the development of our JVM based NLP platform as a back-end developer in several of our platform components.
- Implementing accurate, efficient and maintainable production quality algorithms for challenging linguistic tasks.
- Transforming functional requirements into technical requirements.
- Measuring and optimizing your algorithms and other parts of the code base.
- Improving and enhancing existing software as well as creating entirely new components for the platform.
- Designing and developing APIs.

Essential Required Knowledge and Experience:

- MSc/BS in Computer Science or Computational Linguistics or related fields, or equivalent know-how acquired through working experience.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures and software design.
- Knowledge and interest of the functional programming paradigm.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- Excellent coding skills in Java.
- Experience in writing REST services.
- Used to working in distributed teams, working with Git, Subversion and Maven

Additional Desired Knowledge and Experience:

- Mathematical background.
- Strong functional programming experience.
- Experience in distributed computing, information retrieval, data mining and/or machine learning.
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques and frameworks (e.g. OpenNLP, NLTK, LingPipe, Stanford, GATE, ANTLR).
- Experience in big data processing techniques and NoSQL approaches such as Hadoop, Hazelcast, HBase, Elasticsearch, Apache Spark, Cassandra, Couchbase, MongoDB.
- Experience in building and maintaining highly scalable, highly available distributed systems.
- Expert knowledge on logging, monitoring, testing and tuning Java applications.
- Experience in building and maintaining microservices.
- Background with traditional databases, ETL, and data warehousing.

Language skills:

- Excellent English, both written and spoken.
- Any additional languages are a plus.

Personal Skills and Abilities:

- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills with a passion for algorithms.
- An ability to dive into complex problems with a can-do attitude.
- A self-starter with ability to work collaboratively in a distributed development team.
- Eager to learn and ability to pick up new technologies and frameworks fast.
- Enthusiastic about natural language processing, machine learning and computational linguistics.

What we Offer:

- The possibility to contribute to our award-winning Teneo platform.
- Diverse and challenging tasks, with lot of opportunities for learning and self-growth.
- Outgoing, flexible and international work environment.
- A place in a skilled international team with a well-oiled agile approach to project development.

Please send us your CV and a tailor-made cover letter to know more about you.

Application Deadline: 01-Mar-2016 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: francesca.sciarra at artificial-solutions.com
Web Address for Applications: http://www.artificial-solutions.com
Contact Information:
	Mrs Francesca Sciarra