26.798, Calls: French, General Linguistics, Ling & Literature/USA

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 6 23:31:34 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-798. Fri Feb 06 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.798, Calls: French, General Linguistics, Ling & Literature/USA

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 18:31:05
From: Kelly Kasper-Cushman [iufritgsoconf at gmail.com]
Subject: Transformation: Cause & Effect

Full Title: Transformation: Cause & Effect

Date: 10-Apr-2015 - 11-Apr-2015
Location: Bloomington, IN, USA
Contact Person: Kelly Kasper-Cushman
Meeting Email: iufritgsoconf at gmail.com

Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Ling & Literature

Subject Language(s): French (fra)

Call Deadline: 20-Feb-2015

Meeting Description:

Our goal is to examine the various states of transformation, its causes and
effects, through studies in linguistics, literature, and any area of the
humanities with observable causes and/or effects of transformation. We invite
papers addressing the conference theme from a variety of perspectives within
French and Italian studies and in related disciplines (art history, music,
history, etc.). Possible topics in linguistic transformation include Language
Change, Bilingualism & Language Contact, Second Language Acquisition, Pidgins
& Creoles, Language Policy, & Variation. The keynote speaker for French
Linguistics will be Professor Deborah Arteaga, University of Nevada-Las Vegas.

Call for Papers:

We invite those interested in our theme to submit an abstract (250 words maximum) by email to iufritgsoconf at gmail.com by February 20, 2015. Presentations should not exceed 20 minutes. Papers may be submitted in English, French or Italian. Proposals for panels are welcome. Please include your institutional affiliation and contact information along with your abstract.

          http://multitree.org/