26.858, Calls: English, Translation/Portugal

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 11 02:14:23 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-858. Tue Feb 10 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.858, Calls: English, Translation/Portugal

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 21:14:14
From: Oliver Shaw [promotion at metmeetings.org]
Subject: 2015 Mediterranean Editors and Translators Meeting

Full Title: 2015 Mediterranean Editors and Translators Meeting
Short Title: METM15

Date: 29-Oct-2015 - 31-Oct-2015
Location: Coimbra, Portugal
Contact Person: Stephen Waller
Meeting Email: metchair at metmeetings.org
Web Site: http://www.metmeetings.org/en/preliminary-program:722

Linguistic Field(s): Translation

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 15-Apr-2015

Meeting Description:

Mediterranean Editors and Translators (MET) invites submissions for its
eleventh annual conference to be held at the University of Coimbra, Coimbra,
Portugal on October 29–31, 2015.

Call for Papers:

We invite proposals that relate to this year’s theme — Versatility and readiness for new challenges — or that respond to our association’s broad interest in helping language professionals improve the quality of their services and their ability to respond to clients’ diverse needs. We welcome presentations in the following areas:

1) Writing and style, language issues
2) Academic and other publishing support, including editing or translating for authors
3) Professional development, career options, training and teaching
4) Business and marketing issues, working with clients, working in a team
5) Productivity and efficiency, IT tools, ergonomics

Priority will be given to presentations that express a clear take-home message and explain its relevance to our members. Typical METM presentations describe promising practices, report research findings, or provide knowledge updates. Please note that MET is a knowledge-sharing and peer-training network and encourages submissions from both seasoned and novice presenters with expertise to share.

To submit a proposal, please send an abstract of 200-300 words and a short biography (50-100 words) to Stephen Waller, METM15 content coordinator (metchair at metmeetings.org). Your abstract, which will be peer reviewed, should briefly describe the what, why and how of your presentation. Please also provide an informative title. If you would like to discuss the suitability of your proposal before sending in your abstract, please feel free to write to Stephen. You can also explore the scope of topics covered in past meetings on the past conferences pages of the website.

Presentations last approximately 20-25 minutes, including time for discussion (but please feel free to consult about timing). The deadline for submission of abstracts is 15 April 2015, but we encourage early submission.