26.973, Calls: Computational Linguistics/China

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 17 22:47:35 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-973. Tue Feb 17 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.973, Calls: Computational Linguistics/China

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 17:47:23
From: Angelina Ivanova [angyjune at yandex.ru]
Subject: ACL-IJCNLP 2015 Student Research Workshop

Full Title: ACL-IJCNLP 2015 Student Research Workshop
Short Title: ACL-IJCNLP SRW 2015

Date: 26-Jul-2015 - 31-Jul-2015
Location: Beijing, China
Contact Person: Emily Bender
Meeting Email: acl-srw-2015 at googlegroups.com
Web Site: https://sites.google.com/site/acl2015srw

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics

Call Deadline: 31-Mar-2015

Meeting Description:

The Student Research Workshop (SRW) is held in conjunction with ACL 2015.

The SRW is designed to provide a venue for student researchers in Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing to present their work. Students will receive feedback and mentorship from an experienced researcher in the field. Mentors will be assigned to each student based on the topic of the students work.

More information about mentoring program: https://sites.google.com/site/acl2015srw/mentor-program

Call for Papers:

The new deadline for participation in the pre-submission mentoring program of ACL SRW is February 24, 2015.
We encourage students that plan to submit their papers to ACL-IJCNLP Student Research Workshop 2015 to take part in the mentoring program!

The SRW invites two types of submissions:

- Research Papers: completed work or works-in-progress along with preliminary results. We encourage submissions from masters students and advanced undergraduates in addition to from Ph.D. students.
- Thesis Proposal: for advanced students who have decided on a thesis topic and are interested in feedback about their proposal and ideas about future directions for their work.

The deadline for submission is March 31. Students who wish to receive pre-submission mentoring must submit by February 24. Please see the list of Important Dates and Submission Guidelines, which can be found on our website at: https://sites.google.com/site/acl2015srw/home

If you have any questions, please contact student chairs by email at acl-srw-2015 at googlegroups.com

Student Chairs:

Kuan-Yu Chen (National Taiwan University)
Angelina Ivanova (University of Oslo)
Ellie Pavlick (University of Pennsylvania)

Faculty Advisors:

Emily Bender (University of Washington)
Chin-Yew Lin (Microsoft)
Stephan Oepen (University of Oslo)