26.17, Calls: Discourse Analysis, General Ling, Historical Ling, Lang Acquisition, Socioling/UK

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Jan 3 05:36:11 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-17. Sat Jan 03 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.17, Calls: Discourse Analysis, General Ling, Historical Ling, Lang Acquisition, Socioling/UK

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 00:35:30
From: Darren Paffey [sis-ees at soton.ac.uk]
Subject: Spanish in Society

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=26-17.html&submissionid=35992477&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Spanish in Society
Short Title: SIS-EES

Date: 27-May-2015 - 29-May-2015
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Bernadette O'Rourke
Meeting Email: sis2015edinburgh at gmail.com
Web Site: http://www.sis-ees.com/en/events

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 15-Jan-2015

Meeting Description:

7th International Conference of Hispanic Linguistics
5th Biennial Meeting of the International Association for the Study of Spanish in Society [SIS-EES]

Over recent decades, linguistic and sociolinguistic research has been transformed by an increasing focus on the social, cultural and linguistic changes brought about by globalisation, increased mobility, transnational flows, new technologies and a changing political and economic landscape. These changes have had major implications for the ways in which we conceptualise the relationship between language and society in the twenty-first century. A new communicative order has emerged in which we find new types of speakers, new forms of language and new modes of communication. The conference theme addresses the challenges and opportunities that this new communicative order presents to researchers working with Spanish and situations of Spanish in contact in the twenty-first century. In addition to papers related to the conference theme, we also welcome any other submissions that are related to Spanish in Society.

In response to various requests to extend the deadline for the 2015 SIS-EES conference, we are pleased to issue a Second Call for Papers. We look forward to receiving your abstracts by 15th January 2015.

More information and the Call for Papers are available at http://www.sis-ees.com/en/events

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/