26.79, Calls: Historical Linguistics, Sociolinguistics, Syntax, General Ling/Switzerland

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 7 04:50:41 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-79. Tue Jan 06 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.79, Calls: Historical Linguistics, Sociolinguistics, Syntax, General Ling/Switzerland

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 23:50:25
From: Philipp Stöckle [philipp.stoeckle at ds.uzh.ch]
Subject: Workshop European Dialect Syntax VIII

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=26-79.html&submissionid=35993397&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Workshop European Dialect Syntax VIII
Short Title: Edisyn VIII

Date: 11-Jun-2015 - 13-Jun-2015
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Contact Person: Philipp Stöckle
Meeting Email: edisyn2015 at gmail.com
Web Site: http://www.ds.uzh.ch/Tagungen/Edisyn/index.php

Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Sociolinguistics; Syntax

Call Deadline: 28-Feb-2015

Meeting Description:

The eighth Edisyn Workshop aims at bringing together scholars working in the field of dialect syntax and syntactic microvariation. The general topic of the workshop will be

''Pathways of Syntactic Diffusion''.

Therefore contributions addressing diachronic, diatopic or diastratic perspectives on the dynamics of syntactic variation are especially welcome, although no thematic restrictions apply. We continue to welcome project presentations by new members of the Edisyn network, and we would particularly like to encourage PhD students to submit their proposals.

We plan to reserve an afternoon for exchanging practical issues concerning the cartographic representation and geographic modelling of linguistic data as well as corpus building. If you would like to make a contribution or participate in this part of the workshop, let us know in advance via email.

Call for Papers:

We invite abstracts for 20 minutes talks (plus 10 min discussion). Submissions are limited to 1 single authored and 1 jointly authored abstract. Abstracts should not exceed 2 pages including figures, examples and references. Please send your abstract as an attachment (PDF format) by email to the organizing committee (edisyn2015 at gmail.com). To ensure a double-blind peer review process, submissions should be anonymous. Contact details (name, affiliation and email) along with the title of the talk should be included in the body of the email.

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/