26.109, Calls: Lang Acquisition, Phonetics, Phonology, Pragmatics, Socioling/Germany

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 9 08:58:53 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-109. Fri Jan 09 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.109, Calls: Lang Acquisition, Phonetics, Phonology, Pragmatics, Socioling/Germany

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 03:58:39
From: Ingo Feldhausen [ingo.feldhausen at gmx.de]
Subject: Methods in Empirical Prosody Research

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=26-109.html&submissionid=35994937&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Methods in Empirical Prosody Research

Date: 26-Jul-2015 - 29-Jul-2015
Location: Mannheim, Germany
Contact Person: Ingo Feldhausen
Meeting Email: feldhausen at em.uni-frankfurt.de
Web Site: http://methodenromanistentag2015.wordpress.com/

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition; Phonetics; Phonology; Pragmatics; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 15-Jan-2015

Meeting Description:

Our session seeks to collect, compare, and verify the validity of different methodological practical experiences in current research on prosody. Due to this focus, many questions will arise. One important question will be how to choose the optimal procedure for collecting adequate data. This is a difficult question since many contextual factors (e.g. language contact, L2, information structure) can influence prosodic realization. Questions will also arise about the adequacy of a specific method, since different methods produce different results.

The invited speakers of this session will be:

-Mathieu Avanzi (University of Cambridge)
-Juan María Garrido Almiñana (Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
-Barbara Gili Fivela (Università del Salento & Centro di Ricerca Interdisciplinare sul Linguaggio, CRIL)

(Please see homepage or call for further details)

2nd Call for Papers:

Please find attached the second call for papers for the session Methods in empirical prosody research held at the 34th Romanistentag, biannual conference of the German Society of Romance Philology (Deutscher Romanistenverband, DRV), on July 26th-29th in Mannheim.

Our section seeks to collect, compare, and verify the validity of different methodological practical experiences in current research on prosody. We welcome contributions on all Romance languages (with special interest in those that are less studied), as well as contributions regarding other languages in contact with Romance. All linguistic schools and theoretical backgrounds are invited.

Language of the conference: The presentations can be delivered in any Romance language, although the handout or ppt presentation should be in English.

Deadline for abstract submission: January 15, 2014.

For further information please visit the website:
http://methodenromanistentag2015.wordpress.com/

We hope to see you in Mannheim next July.

Maria del Mar Vanrell, Ingo Feldhausen, & Uli Reich