26.114, Confs: Phonology/UK

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 9 09:34:36 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-114. Fri Jan 09 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.114, Confs: Phonology/UK

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 04:33:59
From: Patrick Honeybone [patrick.honeybone at ed.ac.uk]
Subject: 23rd Manchester Phonology Meeting

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=26-114.html&submissionid=35993777&topicid=4&msgnumber=1

23rd Manchester Phonology Meeting
Short Title: 23mfm

Date: 28-May-2015 - 30-May-2015
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Contact: Patrick Honeybone
Contact Email: patrick.honeybone at ed.ac.uk
Meeting URL: http://www.lel.ed.ac.uk/mfm/23mfm.html

Linguistic Field(s): Phonology

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce the preliminary plans for our Twenty-Third Manchester Phonology Meeting (23mfm). The mfm is the UK's annual phonology conference, with an international set of organisers. It is held in late May every year in Manchester (central in the UK, and with excellent international transport connections). The meeting has become a key conference for phonologists from all over the world, where anyone who declares themselves to be interested in phonology can submit an abstract on anything phonological in any phonological framework. In an informal atmosphere, we discuss a broad range of topics, including the phonological description of languages, issues in phonological theory, aspects of phonological acquisition and implications of phonological change.

As in previous years, the conference venue will be the Hulme Hall lecture suite in Manchester, which is located just south of the city centre and is easily accessible by public transport or on foot. Last year, the conference fee (covering general conference costs, coffee and biscuits, midday and evening meals, but not accommodation) was GBP 140.00, with a reduction to GBP 75.00 for students and unwaged participants. We expect to charge similar but slightly higher fees this year.

If you would like to get a feeling for the conference series, you could take a look at the website for last year's 22mfm, and at the mfm homepage, which includes lots of information about the mfm conference series.

Advice on how best to travel to Manchester and on where to stay will be posted on the conference website in due course.