26.117, Qs: Tracking down Cuitlatec references

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 9 09:53:40 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-117. Fri Jan 09 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.117, Qs: Tracking down Cuitlatec references

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 04:53:28
From: Daniel Barragan [danbartre at gmail.com]
Subject: Tracking down Cuitlatec references

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=26-117.html&submissionid=35989117&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

I have started working on Cuitlatec, an extinct Mesoamerican language from
Guerrero, Mexico. In addition to the “classical” works on this isolate
language by León, Hendrichs, Weitlaner, McQuown, Arana, Escalante and a more
“recent” one by Valiñas, Cortina & Mireles, I have come across some references
to manuscripts by Ruth Almstedt (1972, 1973, 1974). However, my search in
Mexican libraries for these unpublished notes and conference papers has been
fruitless. Could any colleague who may have examined them share a copy with
me? Any clue on where to find them is welcome!

These are the references, all from Ruth Almstedt:
- “Cuitlatec: an example of linguistic salvage” (conference paper).
- “Cuitlatec notes”.
- “Sound change in Cuitlatec”.

Thank you,
Daniel Barragán
Departamento de Estudios Mesoamericanos y Mexicanos
Universidad de Guadalajara, México
< danbartre @ gmail.com >

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics
                     Language Documentation

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/