26.155, Qs: Acquisition of Arabic as L1; Intelligibility test

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 13 19:50:47 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-155. Tue Jan 13 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.155, Qs: Acquisition of Arabic as L1; Intelligibility test

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Damir Cavar <damir at linguistlist.org>

Date: 08-Jan-2015
From: Jihad Hamdan [jihaddan at yahoo.com]
Subject: Acquisition of Arabic as a first language
2)
Date: 05-Jan-2015
From: Patchanok Kitikanan [nicenanina at gmail.com]
Subject: Intelligibility test

Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 14:50:20
From: Jihad Hamdan [jihaddan at yahoo.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=26-155.html&submissionid=35997797&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

I am a professor of linguistics at the University of Jordan with a research
interest in the acquisition of Arabic, particularly Jordanian spoken Arabic. I
have published a co-authored article on the acquisition of consonants by
Arabic-speaking school age children in Jordan (Folia Phoniatrica
etLogopaedica, 2007;59,55-64). I am currently conducting a longitudinal study
on the acquisition of wh-questions by two Jordanian Arabic-speaking children.
In 2000, Professor Amer Helmy Ibrahim posted a more general query on the
acquisition of Arabic as a mother tongue in LINGUIST List: Vol-11-2392. I
would be grateful to colleagues working in this field if they could brief me
on their own research or on serious literature about the acquisition of
Arabic, particularly wh-questions.

Subject Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)