26.189, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 14 04:57:44 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-189. Tue Jan 13 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.189, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 23:57:34
From: Kyle Latack [latackky at msu.edu]
Subject: 5th Great Lakes Expo for Formal and Experimental Undergraduate Linguistics

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=26-189.html&submissionid=35995977&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: 5th Great Lakes Expo for Formal and Experimental Undergraduate Linguistics
Short Title: GLEEFUL

Date: 18-Apr-2015 - 19-Apr-2015
Location: East Lansing, Michigan, USA
Contact Person: Kyle Latack
Meeting Email: gleeful.2015 at gmail.com
Web Site: http://sites.google.com/site/gleeful2015/home

Call Deadline: 13-Feb-2015

Meeting Description:

The q Undergraduate Association for Linguistics at Michigan State University (qUALMS) is pleased to announce the fifth Great Lakes Expo for Experimental and Formal Undergraduate Linguistics (GLEEFUL). GLEEFUL will be held on April 18-19, 2015 in East Lansing, Michigan.

Keynote speaker: Professor William Haddican, Queens College City University of New York.

GLEEFUL aims to bring together undergraduate linguists from across the continent to present high quality, original research to their peers in order to gain experience and a greater appreciation for the many ways to study linguistics and language-related fields.

Additionally, qUALMS is pleased to announce our continuation of our workshop series for GLEEFUL. These workshops are aimed at undergraduates looking to improve their skill set in particular areas of research. This year, GLEEFUL will be offering the workshops on Sunday, April 19.

More information is available on the conference website at: https://sites.google.com/site/gleeful2015/home

Call for Papers:

We invite 1 page abstracts (500 words) for 10-15 minute presentations or posters from any area of linguistics. Abstract submission and registration will all be done electronically through our website.

Deadline for submission of abstract: Friday February 13, 2015
Abstracts will be reviewed, and participants will be notified in early March.

For further information, you can send an email to gleeful.2015 at gmail.com , or check out the GLEEFUL website. You can also follow @msu.qualms or like us on Facebook for updates, reminders, and more.

GLEEFUL is thankful for support from The Office of the Provost (Undergraduate Education), the College of Arts and Letters, the Department of Linguistics and Germanic, Slavic, Asian, and African Languages, the Cognitive Science Program, the Michigan State Honors College, and the College of Arts and Letters Alumni Association.

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/