26.254, Calls: Discourse Analysis, Historical Ling, Lang Documentation, Socioling, Typology/Austria

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 15 23:28:05 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-254. Thu Jan 15 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.254, Calls: Discourse Analysis, Historical Ling, Lang Documentation, Socioling, Typology/Austria

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 18:27:55
From: Brigitte Weber [weber_loets at yahoo.co.uk]
Subject: The Linguistic Heritage of Colonial Practice

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=26-254.html&submissionid=35998097&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: The Linguistic Heritage of Colonial Practice

Date: 30-Mar-2015 - 31-Mar-2015
Location: Klagenfurt, Austria
Contact Person: Brigitte Weber
Meeting Email: weber_loets at yahoo.co.uk

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis; Historical Linguistics; Language Documentation; Sociolinguistics; Typology

Call Deadline: 28-Feb-2015

Meeting Description:

On behalf of the Department of English, Alpen-Adria University Klagenfurt we would like to invite you to the 9th workshop of the Forschungsgruppe Koloniallinguistik entitled The Linguistic Heritage of Colonial Practice.

The workshop will take place at the Alpen-Adria University Klagenfurt from 30-31 March 2015.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you here in Klagenfurt,

Dr. Brigitte Weber (local organizer)
Prof. Dr. Allan James
Dr. Alexander Onysko

Call for Papers:

We are happy to welcome papers focusing on:

- Language contact and language change
- Linguistic historiography
- Discourse analysis
- Language policy
- Any linguistic topics relating to former colonial territories

Presenters are free to choose the language of their talk.

If you would like to participate and present a paper, send an email with the proposed title of the paper and a short description of no more than 150 words (in the language of your choice) to Brigitte Weber (weber_loets at yahoo.co.uk) by 28 February 2015. Please also confirm your attendance if you would like to take part without presenting a paper by 20 March 2015.

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/