26.355, Qs: Survey on multimodal corpora and annotation tools

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 20 21:14:00 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-355. Tue Jan 20 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.355, Qs: Survey on multimodal corpora and annotation tools

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Damir Cavar <damir at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 16:13:47
From: Peter Menke [pmenke at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=26-355.html&submissionid=36002417&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Dear colleagues, dear linguists,

in my dissertation project I analyse and evaluate data models and file formats
for multimodal annotations of dialogue and interaction data. Since evidence in
literature for use cases and user experience stories is scarce, I am
conducting a survey to obtain data on the kind of tasks researchers would like
to perform on their data sets, and to what extent existing tools and solutions
can support them - and in which situations they fall short.

So, if you have worked with multimodal transcription or annotation tools (such
as ELAN, Praat, ANVIL, EXMARaLDA, and others) in the past, I kindly ask you to
answer some questions regarding your user experience and success in using
them.

You can find the online survey here: http://mmcsurvey.sfb673.org/?qid=4
The survey is presented in English, and every recent version of any internet
browser should be able to display it correctly.

Thank you in advance for your contributions and support!

Best regards,
Peter Menke
Bielefeld University

Linguistic Field(s): Discipline of Linguistics
                     Discourse Analysis
                     Psycholinguistics