26.383, Qs: Invitation to a survey about how and why you use concordances

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 21 01:22:21 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-383. Tue Jan 20 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.383, Qs: Invitation to a survey about how and why you use concordances

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Damir Cavar <damir at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 20:22:06
From: Oliver Ballance [oliver.ballance at vuw.ac.nz]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=26-383.html&submissionid=36002977&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Dear All,

I am a phd student at Victoria University of Wellington, and I am researching
how different groups of users use concordances (but not other corpus tools and
technologies).

I am hoping to get a very broad range of survey respondents, and as I believe
many Linguist List users will have used concordances in one capacity or
another, I would like to invite anyone who has had any experience of using a
concordance to participate. Please note, this survey investigates very
different research questions to those addressed by Prof. Christopher Tribble's
surveys on concordances in language teaching.

If you would consider taking a short survey about how and why you use
concordances, please copy the link below into your browser. It will take you
to the survey website where you will also find an information sheet providing
more details about the project:

http://vuw.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3TVmJT8Z4dZOZhj

Thank you for your time and effort,

Yours faithfully,

Oliver Ballance
Email: Oliver.Ballance at vuw.ac.nz

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics
                     Applied Linguistics
                     Discourse Analysis
                     Forensic Linguistics
                     General Linguistics