26.478, Calls: Cognitive Sci, Computational Ling, Discourse Analysis, Neuroling, Text/Corpus Ling/UK

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 23 21:28:52 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-478. Fri Jan 23 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.478, Calls: Cognitive Sci, Computational Ling, Discourse Analysis, Neuroling, Text/Corpus Ling/UK

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 16:28:42
From: Robin Lickley [rlickley at qmu.ac.uk]
Subject: Disfluency in Spontaneous Speech

Full Title: Disfluency in Spontaneous Speech
Short Title: DiSS

Date: 08-Aug-2015 - 09-Aug-2015
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Robin Lickley
Meeting Email: info at disfluency.org
Web Site: http://www.disfluency.org

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Neurolinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Call Deadline: 28-Feb-2015

Meeting Description:

A multidisciplinary conference, focusing the hesitations and repairs that pepper natural speech.
DiSS is a satellite meeting to ICPhS.

Disfluencies – self-repairs and hesitations in speech - present challenges for researchers in many different fields. DiSS workshops aim to bring together researchers from diverse backgrounds to present their research findings, explore common interests, identify future directions and establish new collaborations.

When and Where?

This year’s (DiSS 2015) meeting will take place in Scotland’s capital city, Edinburgh, at the Informatics Forum of the University of Edinburgh on 8 and 9 August.

The meeting is timed to directly precede the International Congress of Phonetic Sciences (ICPhS) in Glasgow, just a 50-minute train ride away.

Call for Papers:

Submissions:

We encourage submissions from a range of areas, including all those listed on the ICPhS website: (http://www.icphs2015.info/Scientific.aspx).

We especially encourage students to submit, and will  dedicate one session of the workshop to student presentations, with the papers being reviewed by students and the session being run by students.

Two-Page papers should be submitted, using the templates provided on the ICPhS website (http://www.icphs2015.info/Call.aspx).

Note that for the final proceedings, we will require FOUR-PAGE papers, in the same format.
The deadline for submission of two-page papers for review is 28 February, 2015.

Places will be limited and the workshop will take place in the middle of Edinburgh’s International Festival, making it imperative that you plan ahead for accommodation, so we encourage you to notify us in advance of intention to attend.

Communication:

Keep an eye on our website, join our FaceBook Page and follow us on Twitter, to keep up to date with developments. You can also email us at info at disfluency.org.

Website: http://www.disfluency.org
Twitter link: https://twitter.com/DiSS_2015