26.481, Jobs: Finnish; Greek; Slovak; Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Linguistic Project Manager, Lionbridge

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 23 21:39:01 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-481. Fri Jan 23 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.481, Jobs: Finnish; Greek; Slovak; Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Linguistic Project Manager, Lionbridge

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 16:38:55
From: Elena Pirttisalo [elena.pirttisalo at lionbridge.com]
Subject: Finnish; Greek; Slovak; Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Linguistic Project Manager, Lionbridge, London, United Kingdom

University or Organization: Lionbridge
Department: Tampere
Job Location: London, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com
Job Title: Linguistic Project Manager: Finnish, Greek or Slovak
Job Rank: Linguistic Project Manager; Manager

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology

Required Language(s): Finnish (fin)
                      Greek, Modern (ell)
                      Slovak (slk)

Lionbridge is looking for Linguistic Project Managers for our current and
possible future projects.

Required qualifications

- Native language: Finnish, Greek or Slovak
- Bachelor’s or Master's in Linguistics or, preferably, in Computational
linguistics
- Keen ear for phonetic nuances and attention to detail; knowledge of the
native language phonology
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; should have an interest in
current speech, mobile, and online technology (should feel comfortable using
in-house tools)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills, ability to work in a logical and methodical way
- Previous project management and people management experience
- Previous experience with speech/NLP-related projects a plus
- Proficiency with HTML, XML, and some programming language are a plus
- Previous experience working in a Linux environment is a plus
- Great attention to detail while working efficiently

Important note: the project related tasks may need to be performed at the
customer’s premises in London, UK, so the relocation for the duration of the
project in required (6-11 months, estimated to be starting in March).

Telecommuting might be an option, please specify your availability for either
solution.

Please send the application with the hourly rate request and your CV to the
application email below.

About Lionbridge

Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: LIOX) enables more than 800
world-leading brands to increase international market share, speed adoption of
products and effectively engage their customers in local markets worldwide.
Using our innovative cloud technology platforms and our global crowd of more
than 100,000 professional cloud workers, we provide translation, online
marketing, application testing, global content creation and management
solutions that ensure global brand consistency, local relevancy and technical
usability across all touch points of the customer life cycle. Based in
Waltham, Mass., Lionbridge maintains solution centers in 26 countries. To
learn more, visit http://www.lionbridge.com.

Application Deadline: 18-Feb-2015

Email Address for Applications: jobs.tampere at lionbridge.com
Contact Information: