26.625, Media: The Ling Space: A Video Series about Linguistics

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 29 02:31:41 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-625. Wed Jan 28 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.625, Media: The Ling Space: A Video Series about Linguistics

Editor for this issue: Damir Cavar <damir at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 21:31:27
From: Moti Lieberman [thelingspace at gmail.com]

The Ling Space is an ongoing YouTube series about linguistics. We are
passionate about sharing linguistic knowledge and sparking scientific
curiosity in a wide audience. To that end, we've been making videos that are
consistent with the state of the field, but also accessible to people without
a background in linguistics.

Our videos are generally 7-10 minutes long and touch on a wide variety of both
theoretical and experimental linguistics topics. In our 20 videos to date,
we've talked about phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, and
pragmatics, as well as first and second language acquisition, bilingualism,
neurolinguistics, sociolinguistics, and historical linguistics.

All of our videos are available for free on YouTube at
www.youtube.com/user/thelingspace/. You can also find them at our website,
www.thelingspace.com. There, we have extra materials posted to supplement each
episode, as well as tailored discussion forums. We also have an active blog
and social media presence, which we use to engage with the community at large.

We hope that our videos will not only interest a general audience, but also
prove useful to linguistic educators, who may find that our material
supplements a more traditional pedagogical approach. We gladly welcome
suggestions about topics that you would like to see for your courses or
otherwise, and we are happy to work with teachers on how to integrate our
materials into their classes. Furthermore, all of our videos are
closed-captioned in English for greater accessibility.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions, and enjoy the series!

          http://multitree.org/