26.628, Qs: Survey on verbal mood

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 29 14:41:58 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-628. Thu Jan 29 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.628, Qs: Survey on verbal mood

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 09:41:14
From: Francesco Costantini [fc at unive.it]
Subject: Survey on verbal mood

Dear Linguist List Community,

We are Matija Kovacic, a post-doctoral research fellow at the Department of
Economics, Ca' Foscari University of Venice, and Francesco Costantini, a
lecturer at the Department of Linguistics, Ca' Foscari University of Venice.
We are currently working on an interdepartmental research project on the
relationship between language characteristics and economic behavior. We are
trying to discover what verb moods are used in the languages of Europe and how
they are used in different contexts in order to analyze the relationship
between linguistic variation and attitudes toward several aspects of economic
behavior.

We would like to invite you to participate in a survey being undertaken as a
part of our project. We need the views of experienced professionals such as
you. It would be very kind of you if you could contribute to our research by
completing an online questionnaire concerning mood and its employment in your
native language. The data collected will provide very important information
for our project.

We estimate that the survey will require 15-20 minutes to complete. There is
no compensation for responding nor is there any known risk. Participation is
strictly voluntary and you may refuse to participate at any time. We assure
you that the responses will be used only in aggregate, wholly and solely for
the purpose of research and will be kept confidential.

If you choose to participate in this survey, you will be asked to simply
translate 20 sentences from English into your native language. To access the
questionnaire, simply click on the link below, or cut and paste the entire URL
into your browser:

https://univemanagement.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2mdwKpE0NUCac7j

We would appreciate it if you could respond by February 5, 2015.
If you have any questions please contact Matija Kovacic on +39 340 334 9885 or
matija.kovacic at unive.it or Francesco Costantini on +39 339 541 8686 or
fc at unive.it.

Thank you in advance for considering your involvement in the survey and
sparing us some of your precious time.

Kindest regards,

Matija Kovacic
Francesco Costantini