26.3135, Calls: General Linguistics/UK

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jul 3 18:15:39 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-3135. Fri Jul 03 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.3135, Calls: General Linguistics/UK

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 14:14:36
From: Jaroslaw Jozefowski [jjjozefowski1 at sheffield.ac.uk]
Subject: 3rd Sheffield Postgraduate Conference in Linguistics

Full Title: 3rd Sheffield Postgraduate Conference in Linguistics
Short Title: ShefLing PGC

Date: 27-Jan-2016 - 28-Jan-2016
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Jaroslaw Jozefowski
Meeting Email: sheflingpgc at sheffield.ac.uk
Web Site: http://sheflingpgc.wordpress.com

Call Deadline: 15-Sep-2015

Meeting Description:

The 3rd ShefLingPGC (Sheffield Postgraduate Conference in Linguistics) will take place at The University of Sheffield on 27 & 28 January 2016.

We are pleased to announce the first two keynote speakers for our conference:

Dr Justyna Robinson, University of Sussex:
http://www.sussex.ac.uk/english/people/peoplelists/person/283476/research

Prof. Alison Wray, Cardiff University:
http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/encap/contactsandpeople/profiles/wray-alison.html

Call for Papers:

We invite all postgraduate students and early career researchers to submit abstracts for oral and poster presentations for the 3rd ShefLingPGC (Sheffield Postgraduate Conference in Linguistics). Submissions are welcome from all areas of linguistics and language research, e.g. corpus linguistics, diachronic linguistics, first and second language acquisition, language policy, language teaching, psycholinguistics and sociolinguistics. In particular, we encourage first-time speakers to join us at this inclusive and friendly postgraduate conference.

Key Dates:

Deadline for submission of abstracts: 15 September 2015
Notification of acceptance: 15 October 2015
Registration opens: 15 October 2015
Registration closes: 31 December 2015

Abstract Submission Guidelines:

Please submit your abstract via the following form: http://goo.gl/forms/xB3p8BYrCG. The abstract must not exceed 300 words (excluding references). Please format the citations and bibliography in your abstract in accordance with the APA referencing system (more information on the APA style can be found here: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/section/2/10/).

Presentation Guidelines:

Speakers will be allotted 20 minutes for the presentation, followed by ten minutes for questions. The conference includes a dedicated poster session. The language of the conference is English.

          http://multitree.org/