26.3152, Calls: Onomastics, General Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jul 6 17:49:28 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-3152. Mon Jul 06 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.3152, Calls: Onomastics, General Linguistics/USA

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 13:49:04
From: Dr. I. M. Nick [mavi.yaz at web.de]
Subject: American Name Society 2016 Annual Meeting

Full Title: American Name Society 2016 Annual Meeting
Short Title: ANS 2016

Date: 07-Jan-2016 - 10-Jan-2016
Location: Washington, DC, USA
Contact Person: Dr. I. M. Nick
Meeting Email: mavi.yaz at web.de
Web Site: http://www.americannamesociety.org/

Other Specialty: Onomastics

Call Deadline: 31-Jul-2015

Meeting Description:

The American Name Society (ANS), the oldest scholarly society in the United States devoted to the study of names, is now inviting proposals for papers for its next annual conference to be held in Washington, DC from January 7-10, 2016. Papers in any area of onomastic research are welcome. See attached call for papers for more information and submission instructions.

2nd Call for Papers:

The ANS is inviting abstract submissions for the 2016 annual conference to be held in conjunction with the Linguistic Society of America. Abstracts in any area of onomastic research are welcome. To submit a proposal, simply complete the 2016 Author Information Sheet (AIS) found here: http://www.americannamesociety.org/conferences/

Please email this completed form to Dr. I. M. Nick using the following address: mavi.yaz at web.de  For organizational purposes, please be sure to include the phrase ''ANS 2016'' in the subject line of your email. All proposals will be subjected to blind review. Official notification of proposal acceptances will be sent on or before September 30, 2015.  All authors whose papers have been accepted must be current members of the ANS and need to register with both the ANS and the Linguistic Society of America. Please feel free to contact Dr. I. M. Nick should you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to receiving your submission!

          http://multitree.org/