26.3177, Calls: Germanic; General Linguistics/UK

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jul 7 17:58:01 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-3177. Tue Jul 07 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.3177, Calls: Germanic; General Linguistics/UK

Editor for this issue: Erin Arnold <earnold at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 13:57:35
From: Gertrud Reershemius [g.k.reershemius at aston.ac.uk]
Subject: 11th Forum for Germanic Language Studies Conference

Full Title: 11th Forum for Germanic Language Studies Conference
Short Title: FGLS

Date: 07-Jan-2016 - 08-Jan-2016
Location: Aston University, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Gertrud Reershemius
Meeting Email: g.k.reershemius at aston.ac.uk

Language Family(ies): Germanic

Call Deadline: 15-Sep-2015

Meeting Description:

Eleventh Forum for Germanic Language Studies Conference

The next FGLS conference will be held at Aston University, Birmingham, from 7–8 January 2016.

Workshops/Thematic Panels:

Four 3-hour slots in the conference programme will be reserved for thematic panels. Submission of proposals for a thematic panel should be made by 15
July 2015 so that intending speakers can be invited to choose between submission to the general programme or to one of the thematic groupings.

Invited Speakers:

We are delighted that Professor Dr Heike Wiese (Universität Potsdam) has accepted our invitation to be a plenary speaker.

Call for Papers:

We invite submission of abstracts for papers and posters on any area of Germanic linguistics. Paper presentations will consist of a 20-minute talk
followed by 10 minutes for questions and discussion.  Conference languages are English and German. Abstracts should be up to 300 words in length and will be peer-reviewed by the conference programme organizers. Abstracts should be submitted by 15 September 2015 to g.k.reershemius at aston.ac.uk.

          http://multitree.org/