26.3360, Jobs: Russian; Spanish; General Linguistics: Linguist, Appen

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jul 20 16:14:32 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-3360. Mon Jul 20 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.3360, Jobs: Russian; Spanish; General Linguistics: Linguist, Appen

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 12:14:12
From: Jasna Rustempasic [jrustempasic at appen.com]
Subject: Russian; Spanish; General Linguistics: Linguist, Appen, USA

University or Organization: Appen
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: , USA
Web Address: http://www.appen.com/
Job Title: Muscovite Russian or Mexican Spanish Linguist
Job Rank: Consultant; Linguist

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Required Language(s): Russian (rus)
                      Spanish (spa)

Linguist - Mexican Spanish or Muscovite Russian

Work Location: United States

Company

Appen is a language technology solutions and consulting firm, recognized as a global leader in the quality, range and caliber of its expertise. We are focused on helping our clients reach international markets by leveraging our expertise in over 150 languages and dialects. Our clients are among the world’s top internet search engine and voice recognition providers. For more information come see us at http://www.appen.com.

Department: Linguistics

Project

We are looking for 2 skilled linguists for both Mexican Spanish and Muscovite Russian to help evaluate voice recordings and work with the voice talents onsite, at the client’s facility in the San  Francisco area. Candidates must be native speakers and have current knowledge of the spoken language and the specific variety.

Project Information:

Location: Client's facility, San Francisco Area. Possibility of reimbursement for travel and accommodation expenses for candidates not already in the San Francisco area. Must be legally allowed to work in the US
Start date: August
Hours: 16 hours per week (4 hrs per days, 4 days a week)
Length: 12-14 weeks

Tasks

- Evaluate voice recordings
- Work closely with voice talents onsite

Requirements

- BA Degree or higher in Linguistics.
- Native fluency in one of the above languages; professional proficiency in English.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken target language usage.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work onsite in San Francisco area.

Preferred Experience

- Experience working with audio data/localization.

Application Deadline: 31-Aug-2015

Web Address for Applications: https://goo.gl/vo8Exd
Contact Information:
	Jasna Rustempasic