26.3458, Qs: Speakers of English (NS and NNS) needed

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jul 31 18:06:09 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-3458. Fri Jul 31 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.3458, Qs: Speakers of English (NS and NNS) needed

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 14:05:41
From: Mª Ángeles Jurado Bravo [m.angelesjuradobravo at gmail.com]
Subject: Speakers of English (NS and NNS) needed

Dear colleagues,

I am a PhD candidate at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Spain) and I am currently doing research on intelligibility on the part of Spanish speakers of English.

I would highly appreciate if you could complete the following questionnaire (the link is at the bottom of this text). It is fully anonymous and the information gathered will only be used for scientific purposes.

The questionnaire is divided into two sections.
- In the first part of the survey, you will be asked to provide some information about your background.
- In the second part, you will be asked to listen to several sentences in English and fill in the gaps by choosing among several options, according to what you understand in the recording. Below each sentence, you will need to answer to three questions concerning how sure you are about your response, the degree of intelligibility of the speaker and his accentedness.

Please, it is very important that you do not play each recording more than once.
It should take around 15 minutes to complete the questionnaire.

Thank you very much for your time.

Link to the questionnaire:
http://maryucm.polldaddy.com/s/spanish-intelligibility

                     Phonetics