26.3460, Jobs: Dutch; English; French; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Senior Linguist, StepStone NV/SA

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jul 31 18:30:00 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-3460. Fri Jul 31 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.3460, Jobs: Dutch; English; French; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Senior Linguist, StepStone NV/SA

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 14:29:48
From: Julie Coomans [julie.coomans at stepstone.be]
Subject: Dutch; English; French; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Senior Linguist, StepStone NV/SA, Brussels, Belgium

University or Organization: StepStone NV/SA
Department: Search & Match
Job Location: Brussels, Belgium
Web Address: http://www.stepstone.be/
Job Title: Senior Linguist
Job Rank: Other; Senior Linguist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Required Language(s): Dutch (nld)
                      English (eng)
                      French (fra)

Founded in 1996, StepStone is one of the most successful online job boards in Europe today. With over 24,9 million visits and more than 290,000 job listings each month, we operate some of the most powerful online job portals in the European market. And because we move fast and support innovation, we're always looking for new talents to reinforce our team.

Senior Linguist:

For our Search Team we are looking for a bilingual French and Dutch speaker with a strong background in Linguistics and Computation to improve semantic matching in the recruitment domain.

With over 260,000 jobs, 8.1 million CVs, 13.6 million active subscribers and 25.4 million monthly visits the data is big and the challenge is even bigger. We need an experienced and creative professional to participate in the development of advanced technical solutions for our search engine and help take it to the next level of quality.

The search team is split across offices in London, Brussels, Berlin and Munich, so you will work in an international environment with a team of experienced and like-minded colleagues.

Your responsibilities

- Be the expert on the French and Dutch languages (especially in the recruitment domain) for the search team
- Analyze data for linguistic insights that can inform the evolution of semantic search
- Be responsible for the quality of Dutch and French linguistic resources (taxonomies,  dictionaries, grammars, annotated corpora)
- Work on the testing and maintenance of quality for ongoing projects
- Monitor developments in semantic search technology and evaluate for the recruitment domain

Our requirements

- Degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics or professional experience of Natural Language Processing/Text Analytics
- Experience of writing grammars for natural language
- Experience of annotating corpora with linguistic information
- Experience of working on lexical resources (dictionaries, ontologies)
- Comfortable working with data-oriented software applications (databases, spreadsheets etc.)
- Quality-focused and detail-oriented
- Able to work without day-to-day supervision
- Native French or Dutch speaker with a near native proficiency in the other language
- Fluent in written and spoken English (working language)
- Language skills in German would be an advantage
- Professional or high-level academic experience with information retrieval/semantic search would be a significant advantage
- Previous experience in software development in a professional context is a plus

Interested?

StepStone is a company with clear goals and visions. We focus on growth through innovative solutions, service quality and qualified employees.

>From the very first day at StepStone you will be welcomed and supported by a cooperative team. As part of our training concept, you will receive basic training for your work and the recruiting market during your first weeks with us.

In addition, we offer an attractive, performance-led remuneration package and the opportunity to tackle the task with above-average development opportunities and long-term perspectives in an innovative environment.

We look forward to receiving your application in English.

Application Deadline: 01-Oct-2015 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: julie.coomans at stepstone.be
Contact Information:
	Ms. Julie Coomans
	Email: julie.coomans at stepstone.be