26.2715, FYI: New MOOCs on the Virtual Linguistics Campus

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jun 2 17:04:53 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-2715. Tue Jun 02 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.2715, FYI:  New MOOCs on the Virtual Linguistics Campus

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 13:04:13
From: Juergen Handke [handke at staff.uni-marburg.de]
Subject: New MOOCs on the Virtual Linguistics Campus

 Dear Fellow Linguists, Dear LINGUIST List Users,

We want to inform you about our upcoming MOOCs (registration by 12 June 2015, class start 15 June):

- Linguistics 101 - Fundamentals; Intro video: https://youtu.be/Xh-C4D3L80s
- Linguistics 102 - Speech Science; Intro video: https://youtu.be/ZV3KvE6j_ao

If you are interested, create your (free) account on the VLC (www.linguistics-online.com) and then, after confirmation, click on “Classes ready to register” on the homepage and select your class(es).

Also, for the first time we have set up Facebook groups that will be run alongside the MOOCs (vlcmooc101 and vlcmooc102). If you have a Facebook account, please join these groups where our student assistants will be at your
disposal around the clock. (And even if you do not register for the MOOC you are welcome in the Facebook groups.)

Discussion in the Facebook groups have started already, so join us and be part of our online activities!

Jürgen Handke
VLC Project Manager

                     Phonetics
                     Phonology