26.2977, Jobs: Korean; Computational Linguistics: NLU Engineer, Nuance Communications

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jun 22 18:00:21 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-2977. Mon Jun 22 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.2977, Jobs: Korean; Computational Linguistics: NLU Engineer, Nuance Communications

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 14:00:13
From: Nate Blaylock [Nate.Blaylock at nuance.com]

University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: , USA
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com/
Job Title: NLU Engineer Korean
Job Rank: NLU Engineer; Other

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): Korean (kor)

We need another developer to join our Korean team. Help develop the NLU system
in the Korean language.  Job includes porting new features to Korean, general
improvements for all our Korean products, error analysis and accuracy
improvements, etc.

Key Duties

- Development of the Korean NLU pipeline
- Porting new NLU features to Korean
- Accuracy improvements in the Korean system
- Responding to QA and customer issue reports
- Accuracy checking of Korean annotations
- Contribute to team effort to improvement of entire NLU system

Skills and experience required

- Minimum 3 years experience
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics or related
field (or similar work experience)
- Native speaker of Korean or near-native speaker with significant in-country
language experience
- Programming skills
- Experience in natural language processing or speech recognition

Preferred Skills

- Machine learning
- Python and Java
- Korean NLP

Application Deadline: 31-Oct-2015 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: Nate.Blaylock at nuance.com
Contact Information:
	Nate Blaylock
	Email: Nate.Blaylock at nuance.com