26.3021, Jobs: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Translation: Localization Solutions Architect, Moravia

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Jun 24 17:27:54 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-3021. Wed Jun 24 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.3021, Jobs: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Translation: Localization Solutions Architect, Moravia

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 13:27:42
From:  Daily [terrisd at moravia.com]

University or Organization: Moravia
Department: Operations
Job Location: , USA
Web Address: http://www.moravia.com/
Job Title: Localization Solutions Architect (formal linguistics, computational linguistics)
Job Rank: Localization Solutions Architect; Other

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Translation

Moravia IT is the fastest organically-growing globalization services provider
in the localization (translation) industry. Clearly we are doing something
right and our household-name clients can’t get enough! Those familiar with
Moravia know that we aren’t your granddaddy’s localization provider, but
instead have diversified our service offering to our major clients to include
over 50 forward-thinking and innovative globalization services.

One of Moravia’s four principal business units is looking to give a unique
technical guru the best opportunity of their career. Our BU is dedicated to
building close, long-term relationships with 16 very special clients from
Fortune 100 giants to some of the hottest up and comers.

Your role would be to work very closely with our engagement managers and
program managers to proactively propose and design innovative solutions to
address our clients’ business and process challenges. We believe that an
advanced student/researcher in formal linguistics, computational linguistics
(or a similar subdiscipline) who also brings the right personality and
communication skills could be highly successful in this role.

Gotta Haves

- 5+ years work experience in a combination of operational, technical and/or
consulting roles (or graduate level work in formal linguistics or
computational linguistics)
- Strong writing skills and the discipline to always meet your deadlines
- Strong presentation skills
- Sense of humor
- Unquenchable thirst for knowledge across a wide range of domains
- Credibly conversant in about 1/2 of these and highly knowledgeable in at
least 5 of them: machine translation (natural language processing), TMSes,
testing, multimedia production, formal linguistics, CMSes, content management,
managed services, rhetoric (in its relation to marcomm), SEO, LQA, formal
change management methodologies, scripting, web services, APIs, analytics,
management methodologies (6-Sigma, Kaizen, etc.), supply chain dynamics
(including disintermediation), readability scoring, other cool stuff!

Nice to haves

- More knowledge in the above
- Fluency in 1 or more foreign languages
- Localization production experience
- Actual programming experience (enough to be able to talk to developers, not
do it yourself)

What you’ll get from working with us

An industry-unique opportunity to truly collaborate with a group of
experienced, mature, fun professionals to provide value-add innovative
services to some of the most exciting companies in the world. Real long-term
career-pathing, solid comp and a job and colleagues that you’ll enjoy waking
up to every day.

Relocation and/or H1-B Visa sponsorship possible for exceptional candidates.

What we’ll ask from you

We’re looking for an articulate and personable Renaissance technician. Someone
that can support our engagement managers as a technical “wing-man” (or
wing-woman) and once you’ve made the client’s eyes light up with a creative
idea, you always put your money where your mouth is and get the solution
delivered. Teamwork isn’t second nature to you. It’s your only nature.

25% Travel, primarily West Coast.

What you’ll do in your day to day life in this role

Write crisply, create eye-opening presentations, present engagingly, create,
think, research, explore, dialogue, argue, support, exchange ideas with
several other crazy-smart SAs also working at Moravia.

How to be considered

Send your resume/CV and 2 or 3 paragraphs explaining why this opportunity
seems interesting to you and why you think you might be a good match. The
interview process will involve a presentation on a couple of the topics listed
above (of your choice) for the finalist(s).

Application Deadline: 31-Aug-2015 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: ApplyHR_US at moravia.com
Contact Information
	Daily
	Email: terrisd at moravia.com