26.3090, FYI: Himalayan Linguistics 14.1 Released

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jun 30 16:21:05 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-3090. Tue Jun 30 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.3090, FYI:  Himalayan Linguistics 14.1 Released

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 12:19:47
From: Kristine Hildebrandt [khildeb at siue.edu]
Subject: Himalayan Linguistics 14.1 Released

 Dear Himalayan Linguistics Community:

Please read and share widely!

I am pleased to announce the release of Himalayan Linguistics volume 14.1 (June 2015):

https://escholarship.org/uc/himalayanlinguistics

14.1 contains three articles and one grammatical description. The grammatical description, Synoptic grammar of the Bumthang language, by George van Driem, can be found in our “Archive & Field Reports” section.

The three articles include:

- Issues in the Historical Phonology of Gauri Jingpho by Keita Kurabe
- An Acoustic Study of Bodo Vowels by Priyankoo Sarmah, Leena Dihingia, and Dimple Choudhury
- Eat and Drink—If You Can! A Language Internal Explanation for the ‘Irregular’ Paradigm of Tibetan za, zos, zo ‘eat’  by Bettina Zeisler

Note in particular that this is the first issue that includes supporting materials in the form of sound files, for the Sarmah et al. article. To access the sound files for this article, simply click on the link leading to the article and then click another link on the left side of the page “supporting material,” where you can then download the sound files (which are individually indexed in the article itself). We very much look forward to future publications that include multi-media supporting material. Please contact Kristine Hildebrandt if you have any questions about this (khildeb at siue.edu).

I would like to take this opportunity to give two reminders:

- Our journal is now hosted only on the University of California’s e-Scholarship portal (meaning our legacy site is now gone). You can find HL here: https://escholarship.org/uc/himalayanlinguistics

2. You can check for news and announcements on our “News from the Editor” section.

                     Genetic Classification
                     Historical Linguistics
                     Language Documentation
                     Phonology