26.1222, Calls: Computational Linguistics/France

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Mar 4 21:51:48 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1222. Wed Mar 04 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1222, Calls: Computational Linguistics/France

Editor for this issue: Erin Arnold <earnold at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 16:51:12
From: Karën Fort [karen.fort at paris-sorbonne.fr]
Subject: Workshop on NLP and Ethics

Full Title: Workshop on NLP and Ethics
Short Title: ETeRNAL

Date: 22-Jun-2015 - 22-Jun-2015
Location: Caen, France
Contact Person: Karën Fort
Meeting Email: karen.fort at paris-sorbonne.fr
Web Site: http://eternal.loria.fr

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics

Call Deadline: 05-Apr-2015

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce that the first ETeRNAL workshop will be held on June 22, 2015 co-located with the TALN 2015 conference, in Caen (Normandy), France.

Natural Language Processing (NLP) is a discipline at the heart of the main ethical issues of this 21st century: access to personal data, privacy protection, processing of big data, outsourcing and crowd-sourcing are all issues directly linked to the applications we develop.

The issues we would like to be addressed concern both the contributions of NLP and our ethical responsibilities as tool producers. We cannot pretend not to know that NLP tools make abuses, crimes, violations of individual rights possible. Today, what NLP tools are capable of? How far is our moral responsibility involved? Should we be whistle-blowers? What could we do to limit the potentially negative effects of our research?

Call for Papers:

Topics Covered:

- Sensitive data
- Crowd-sourcing and ethical issues
- Ethical issues surrounding the use of tools or the result of processing
- Quality and bias of the evaluation
- Legal and economic issues
- NLP for Ethics

Submission:

Articles shall be written in French for French speakers, in English for those who do not speak French. They shall conform to RECITAL-TALN-2015 format and include a maximum of 12 pages. A LaTeX style file and a MS Word and OpenOffice templates are available on the conference website (https://taln2015.greyc.fr/soumissionstaln/).

The selected communications will be presented during the workshop and published in the conference proceedings. The selection criteria are the same as those defined by TALN 2015 for research articles.

The articles, in pdf format, must be downloaded at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=eternal1

Important Dates:

- Submission Deadline: April 5, 2015
- Notification: May 4, 2015
- Camera-Ready Paper Due: May 22, 2015
- Workshop: June 22, 2015

Organizing Commitee:

- Gilles Adda, IMMI-CNRS
- Maxime Amblard, Université de Lorraine / LORIA
- Karën Fort, Université Paris 4 / STIH

Scientific Committee:

- Gilles Adda, IMMI / LIMSI-CNRS
- Maxime Amblard, LORIA / Université de Lorraine
- Olivier Baude, LLL / Université d’Orléans
- Philippe Blache, LPL CNRS
- Kevin Bretonnel Cohen, University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Gaël de Chalendar, CEA LIST
- Alain Couillault, Université de La Rochelle / L3i
- Cécile Fabre, Université Toulouse 2 / CLLE-ERSS
- Karën Fort, Université Paris 4 / STIH
- Cyril Grouin, LIMSI-CNRS
- Joseph Mariani, IMMI / LIMSI-CNRS
- Adeline Nazarenko, Université Paris 13 / LIPN - CNRS
- Michel Simard, NRC-CNRC
- Isabelle Tellier, Université Paris 3 / LaTTice

Contact: Karën Fort (karen.fort at paris-sorbonne.fr)

Website: http://eternal.loria.fr