26.1244, Jobs: Malay; Computational Linguistics: Software Engineer, Appen

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 5 23:37:53 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1244. Thu Mar 05 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1244, Jobs: Malay; Computational Linguistics: Software Engineer, Appen

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 18:37:44
From: Jasna Rustempasic [jrustempasic at appen.com]
Subject: Malay; Computational Linguistics: Software Engineer, Appen, Washington, USA

University or Organization: Appen
Job Location: Washington, USA
Web Address: http://www.appen.com
Job Title: Software Engineer -- Malay
Job Rank: Other; Software Engineer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): Malay (zlm)

Software Engineer -- Malay

Work Location: United States

Company

Appen is a language technology solutions and consulting firm, recognized as a
global leader in the quality, range and caliber of its expertise. We are
focused on helping our clients reach international markets by leveraging our
expertise in over 150 languages and dialects. Our clients are among the
world’s top internet search engine and voice recognition providers. For more
information come see us at http://www.appen.com.

Project

Appen is looking for a software engineer/computational linguist who is a
native speaker of Malay to assist our client in development of natural
language processing applications.

Project Information:

Location: Silicon Valley, San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA
Hours: 40 hours per week
Length: 3 months

Requirements

- Native speaker of Malay
- BS/MSc in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field
- Able to work with minimal supervision; proactive and self-motivated for
timely delivery of quality code
- Demonstrated creative and critical-thinking capabilities and troubleshooting
skills
- Engineering experience and interest in diverse technical areas
- Clear and compelling communication skills
- User-driven focus
- Interest in embedded applications

Preferred Experience/Skills:

- Strong preference for some focus or experience in classification,
information retrieval, natural language processing, machine learning, or
related sub-fields
- Proven track record in delivering product-quality code
- Familiar with Java, Perl, and shell scripting
- iOS or Mac OS X development skills

Application Deadline: 30-Apr-2015 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: https://erec.appen.com/sap/bc/erecruiting/posting_apply?param=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDA1MDU2ODA3Qjk5MUVENEIwOTcyNDJBMjdCNERGMzkmY2FuZF90eXBlPQ%3d%3d&sap-client=300
Contact Information:
	Jasna Rustempasic
	Email: jrustempasic at appen.com