26.1258, Support: Phonetics, Phonology / United Kingdom

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 6 18:19:54 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1258. Fri Mar 06 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1258, Support: Phonetics, Phonology / United Kingdom

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Danuta  Allen <danuta at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 13:17:20
From: James Scobbie [jscobbie at qmu.ac.uk]
Subject: Phonetics, Phonology: PhD Student, Queen Margaret University, United Kingdom

 Institution/Organization: Queen Margaret University
Department: CASL Research Centre
Web Address: http://www.qmu.ac.uk/casl

Level: PhD

Duties: Research

Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Phonology
Clinical Linguistics

1 PhD bursary is available at Clinical Audiology, Speech and Language (CASL) Research Centre at Queen Margaret University in Edinburgh, UK.

We are a Linguistics research centre with world-leading research record in Phonetics, Laboratory Phonology and Clinical Linguistics. We have particular expertise in the application of Articulatory Phonetics for theoretical research in Phonology, Acquisition, Speech Disorders and Psycholinguistics.

Our doctoral student community is small and successful, and our speech science laboratories and collaborative projects across Edinburgh and Scotland offer an excellent experience for PhD students.

Requirements:
To be eligible for a bursary, the following criteria must apply:
- The applicant meets the standard entry criteria for research degrees.
- The research proposal is in one of the topic areas specified above.
- Applicants may apply to study on a part-time or full-time basis, but they must be willing to be resident within reach of Edinburgh.
- Applicants must be willing to study for a full PhD, not an MPhil.
- Successful candidates are likely to have a good qualification in the relevant topic: either a first class honours degree or a Masters. Dedication, enthusiasm and strong communication skills in both written and spoken English are essential.
- Applicants may come from the UK or any other country.
For the complete list of requirements, please visit the application website provided.

How to Apply:
Please visit the application website provided.

Application Deadline: 03-Apr-2015

Web Address for Applications: http://www.qmu.ac.uk/post_research/bursarycomp.htm

Contact Information:
	Prof James Scobbie