26.1296, Confs: Phonology/UK

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Mar 9 04:56:24 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1296. Mon Mar 09 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1296, Confs: Phonology/UK

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 00:55:56
From: Florian Breit [florian.breit.12 at ucl.ac.uk]
Subject: Elements Fest 2015

Elements Fest 2015
Short Title: ef15

Date: 30-Mar-2015 - 31-Mar-2015
Location: London, United Kingdom
Contact: Shanti Ulfsbjorninn
Contact Email: s.ulfsbjorninn at ucl.ac.uk
Meeting URL: http://ef15.florian.me.uk/

Linguistic Field(s): Phonology

Meeting Description:

Elements Fest is an informal discussion-centred workshop primarily concerned with current problems and developments in the Element Theory approach to segmental representation. After two successful previous Elements Fests the 3rd edition in 2015 is promising to be even bigger and better.

For the first time, the Elements Fest will run over two days, Monday March 30 to Tuesday March 31, 2015. The motto of this year's fest is “Revisions & Reinterpretations”, and we are very happy to have a wonderful and wide-ranging list of participants to boost.

As is usual for the Fest, attendance is absolutely free. While there is no formal registration procedure, we'd still be grateful if you'd let us know of your intention to attend via the optional registration form here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-HtQnYYPvyGFN1S0LBO65AznHBGcIJanIRdthPEGNIs

For more details including a preliminary programme, please visit the Elements Fest website: http://ef15.florian.me.uk

Program:

Day One — 30 March

09:30–10:00 Cake

10:00–10:20
Bert Botma — Sonorants

10:20–11:00
Edoardo Cavirani
Phonologisation

11:00–11:10 Break

11:10–12:00
Geoff Schwartz
World View

12:00–13:00 Lunch
AAA.R.GH! — Coronals and A

13:00–13:20
Markus Pöchtrager

13:20–13:40
Alex Bellem

13:40–14:00
John Harris & Shanti Ulfsbjorninn

14:00–14:15 Break

14:15–14:45
AAA.R.GH! Discussion

14:45–15:00 Break
Psycho Elements

15:00–15:20
Mirjam de Jonge
Neurophysiological reflections of Elements

15:20–15:40
Faith Chiu

15:40–16:00
Typhanie Prince