26.1300, Qs: Eithne at AAAL

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Mar 9 17:32:17 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1300. Mon Mar 09 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1300, Qs: Eithne at AAAL

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 13:32:08
From: Patrick Maynard [patrickmaynard at gmail.com]
Subject: Eithne at AAAL

Our team has a copy of what is arguably the only well-known Irish-language
opera, Eithne.

As it has gone out of copyright, we are working to crowdsource production of a
basic audio version using synthesizer and voice. The audio work will be
creative-commons licensed, with the goal of creating a phonetic example for
future full productions.

I will be at the joint AAAL/ACLA/CAAL conference in Toronto later this month
with my wife. If anyone has interest in this project -- either for
participation or study -- and will be in the city, please shoot me a note
off-list about meeting up for lunch. If lots of people contact me, I will
close the loop and let the list know about details.

Apologies if this is off-topic for this list: I welcome suggestions for other
venues.

Best,

Patrick Maynard
patrick.maynard at ubalt.edu