26.1331, Language Documentation: Food and Recipes

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Mar 9 23:43:33 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1331. Mon Mar 09 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1331, Language Documentation: Food and Recipes

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Damir Cavar <damir at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 19:42:13
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Language Documentation: Food and Recipes

Dear Subscribers, Linguists, Language Lovers,

As you may know, there is a famous LINGUIST cookbook that some of you have
contributed to over the years. Our colleagues and students expressed a strong
interest in updating and refreshing it with new recipes from all over the
world. We would be happy to do so. Please take a look at at the old site:

http://linguistlist.org/cookbook/

For the update we suggest the following:

As LINGUIST List is slowly becoming multi-lingual and really a global service,
the cookbook should become truly LINGUISTIC. On the one hand, this could mean
that, if you have a really linguistic recipe, for example, Glagolitic or
Devanagari letter soup, or if there is a psycholinguistic or syntactic cake,
you could contribute that recipe to the LINGUIST cookbook. However, we would
also like to extend the cause and purpose of the cookbook. We would like to
use it as a documentation resource for linguists. If you have a recipe written
in the native language of its origin, a truly linguistic recipe, the entire
linguistic community could not only benefit from the culinary aspect of it,
but also benefit intellectually and academically. If you have a native
language recipe and its English translation, this would be extremely valuable
to share with the community. Please do support this project and send your
recipes to:

funddrive at linguistlist.org

Feel free to add pictures or multi-media files to the recipe. Send those to
the email above as either an attachments, or provide an URL to a shared cloud
folder.

Please support the LINGUIST List Fund Drive 2015 with a donation:

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Thank you!

Your LINGUIST List Team